Saracens Rugby Club

Professional rugby union club based in St Albans, England, Saracens Rugby Club play most of their matches at Vicarage Road in Watford. Formerly known as the Saracens Football Club, the Saracens Rugby Club is members of the Aviva Premiership which is a top level rugby union in England. It has been lately incorporated as Saracens Ltd.

The nick name of the Saracens Rugby Club is the Sarries, The Men in Black. Their home ground is Vicarage Road in Watford. Going by the history, the Saracen were founded in the year 1876 by the Old Boys Philological School in Marylebone, London. In the year 1892, the Saracens Rugby Club shifted from Crown Lane, Southgate to Firs Farm in Winchmore Hill. During this span of time they also amalgamated with the neighboring club crusaders. Before the move to Bramley Road, he Saracens Rugby Club played on nine different grounds. The Saracens Rugby Club produced a number of international in the pre league era. To name some legends, John Steeds who in the span of time from 1949-1950 won five caps for England.  Another name includes Vic Harding who was a lock for England for one year from 1961-62 and George Sheriff who was an English back rower from the year 1966-67.

Saracen Rugby Club opened up their accounts in the 2010-11 seasons with a loss to London Irish in the opener of the London double header at Twickenham. After this their form improved as they won four wins in succession before having faced a disastrous loss to Exeter Rugby Club. The Saracens Rugby Club finished bottom in the Heineken Cup, where the Leicester emerged as the winners. During the season, The Saracens Rugby Club also had a major off field development. A break clause was activated by the landlord of the Saracens Rugby Club, which means that the Saracens Rugby Club now needed a new home for the 2011-2012 seasons.  On November 10, 2010, the Saracens rugby club announced that in serious discussion with Barnet Borough Council it had decided to shift to the athletic stadium at the Barnat Copthall complex. Under this deal, the Saracens Rugby Club made a deal that they would redevelop the stadium with modern facilities which included three thousand permanent seats and also demountable stands which would allow a rugby capacity of 10000 and also have the first artificial pitch in English Rugby.

Currently in the English Premiership table they stand second with 18 points being back of Harlequins by a meager four points.

The current squad of the Saracens Rugby Club consists of forty six players with some players like Harry Allen, John Smith, Rhys Gill, Tom Jubb, Hayden Smith, Adam Powell, Adam Goode and a few others. The Saracen Rugby Club has twenty internationally capped players with a few names being Steve Borth wick, Kelly Brown, Carlo Nieto, Chris Wyles are just a few to name.

The captain of the team is Steve Borth wick and the coach is Mark Mc Call.